1) From which year does the 11th five year plan start?
a) 2006 b) 2007 c)2008 d) 2009 e) 2010
2) The new chairman of State Bank of India (SBI)?
a) Pratip Chaudhuri b) Chanda Kochhar c) U.K.Sinha d) D.Subbarao e) Shikha Sharma
3) Which of the following pairing is not correct?
a) Vyas Samman - Literature.
b) Abel Prize - Economics.
c) Grammy Award - Music.
d) Pritzker Prize - Architecture.
e) Dadasaheb Phalke Award - Films.
4) Which of the following pairing is wrong?
a) Reserve Bank Of India(RBI) Act: 1934
b) Banking Regulations Act: 1949
c) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) Act: 1999
d) Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) Act : 2003
e) State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act: 1969
5) Which of the following is a biennial international literary award given to living author of any nationality for fiction published in English or generally available in English translation?
a) Orange Prize b) Pulitzer Prize c) Man Booker Prize d) Man Booker International Prize
e) Nobel Prize
6) Which one of the following is not an Indian company?
a) Essar Group b) Suzlon Energy c) L&T d) Arcelor Mittal e) DLF
7) Which one of the following is an USA company?
a) Research In Motion b) Samsung c) Nokia d) Sony Ericsson e) Motorola
8) 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup was not played in…….
a) Pakistan b) Bangladesh c) India d) Sri Lanka e) None of these
9) Who was declared the man of the tournament in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup?
a) Mahendra Singh Dhoni b) Tillakaratne Dilshan c) Zaheer Khan d) Shahid Afridi e) Yuvraj Singh
10) 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup was won by……….
a) India b) Pakistan c) Sri Lanka d) Australia e) None of these
11) 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup final played at………….
a) M.Chinnaswamy Stadium b) M.A. Chidambaram Stadium c) Eden Gardens d) Feroz Shah Kotla
e) Wankhede Stadium
12) The official mascot for the 2011 Cricket World Cup?
a) Shera b) Zakumi c) Stumpy d) Panda e) None of these
13) Who was the man of match in 2011 Cricket World Cup final?
a) Sachin Tendulkar b) Yuvraj Singh c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni d) Tillakaratne Dilshan e) None of these
14) Who started a 'fast unto death' to exert pressure on the Government of India to enact a strong anti-corruption act as envisaged in the Jan Lokpal Bill, a law that will establish a Lokpal (ombudsman) that will have the power to deal with corruption in public offices?
a) Baba Amte b) Kiran Bedi c) Medha Patkar d) Dalai Lama e) Anna Hazare
15) Who is Chirayu Amin?
a) BCCI President b) ICC President c) IPL Chairman d) ICC Chief Executive e) IOA President
16) Who has been appointed as the first woman secretary general of SAARC?
a) Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed b) Sheikh Hasina Wazed c) Khaleda Zia d) Chandrika Kumaratunga
e) None of these
17) Consider the following statements:
A. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is set up as an apex Development Bank with a mandate for facilitating credit flow for promotion and development of agriculture, small-scale industries, cottage and village industries, handicrafts and other rural crafts.
B. NABARD was established on the recommendations of Shivaraman Committee, by an act of Parliament on 12th July 1982.
C. Rakesh Singh is the chairman of NABARD.
D. At Present the RBI holds one per cent of shareholding in NABARD and the Government of India 99%. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) Only A b) Only B c) Only C d) Only D e) All
18) Who is the author of the book "Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle With India."?
a) Joseph Lelyveld b) Dominique Lapierre c) V.S.Naipaul d) Stephen Hawking e) J.K.Rowling
19) 34th National Games 2011 was held in…
a) Ranchi b) Raipur c) Dehradun d) Thiruvananthapuram
e) None of these
20) Which of the following team has won the first place in the medal tally of 34th National Games with 70 gold medals, 50 silver medals and 42 bronze medals?
a) Services b) Manipur c) Haryana d) Maharashtra e) Jharkhand
21) Who is the author of the book "Banker to the Poor"
a) Muhammad Yunus b) A.P.J.Abdul Kalam c)Norman Borlaug d) M. S. Swaminathan
e) Aung San Suu Kyi
22) Which of the following country has emerged as the largest arms importer in the world , overtaking china, as per report by a Swedish think-tank, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).?
a) USA b) India c) Japan d) Brazil e) Russia
23) KPMG is an MNC firm and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY) and PwC, is belongs to……….
a) Netherlands b) USA c) United Kingdom d) Germany e) None of these
24) Yen is currency of which country?
a) China b) Myanmar c) South Korea d) North Korea e) Japan
25) Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte is the administrative capital of which country?
a) Maldives b) Bhutan c) Nepal d) Malaysia e) Sri Lanka
26) Yousaf Gillani is the Prime Minister of which country?
a) Afghanistan b) Bangladesh c) Pakistan d) Indonesia e) Thailand
27) Hugo Chavez is the President of which country?
a) Argentina b) Brazil c) Cuba d) Bolivia e) Venezuela
28) Baseball is the national game of which country?
a) USA b) Canada c) Brazil d) China e) Pakistan
29) National People's Congress is the parliament of which country?
a)USA b) Japan c) China d) Iran e) UK
30) Federal Reserve is the central banking system of which country?
a) Japan b) Australia c) China d)UK e) USA
1) b, 2) a, 3) b, 4) e, 5) d, 6) d, 7) e, 8) a, 9) e, 10) a, 11) e, 12) c, 13) c, 14) e, 15) c, 16) a, 17) e,
18) a, 19) a, 20) a, 21) a, 22) b, 23) a, 24) e, 25) e, 26) c, 27) e, 28) a, 29) c, 30) e